Thursday, July 2, 2009

Off to the Holy Cross Monastery!

Driving up to the Holy Cross Monastery, I saw a rural side to Grahamstown that I had not fully been exposed to yet. The rolling hills that went on forever took my breath away and as we pulled up the Monastery, I immediately felt peace. The set-up was beautiful and I just felt comfortable there. The scenery was breath-taking and looked like it came from a painting. I met some of the Brothers, who were all extremely friendly and down to earth, excited for the XO program to ignite.

We met with approx. 9 of the older children and let them play with the XOs. Similar to the first day I was with the kids at St. Mary’s we had the kids go around, inside and out, taking pictures of whatever they wanted. The kids went off together exploring the land around the Monastery, taking pictures of the mountains and the various statues around the yard. The kids were excited and energetic. After, the kids picked their favourite one, were instructed how to cut and paste into word document and could write or paint whatever they wanted with the image they chose.


Our set up in one of the rooms


Thembalani and me, playing Maze

No comments:

Post a Comment